All I want in life is a claw foot tub. But really, I'm absolutely serious. Preferably one with gold accents, like in photos 1 or 6. There is just something so relaxing about taking a warm bath at the end of a long day, and what's better than being in a huge, old fashioned tub? The are so much more unique than just any old tub, and I love how they stand out on their own in a large room - they don't need to be in a corner or connected to anything else. Someday, when I have that big huge bathroom I've always wanted, there will be one of these bathtubs.
- Master your elevator speech. You should all have one... and business cards too!
- A great list of new reads coming out this year, because, who isn't looking for a new book to add to their list?
- I love an industrial chic interior look (especially with hints of gold), but that bathroom? Holy cow... I would take a daily bath if mine looked like that!
- It's that time when everyone starts applying for new jobs (if you were planning to do so of course), because it's hiring season! Top places to work and career advice, right here.
- Creative, yummy and yet healthy breakfast idea I've been wanting to try.
- How to survive the depressing winter months. I don't know about you, but I actually like the winter... I guess I'm sort of a freak?
A few other things I'm loving this week...
- This cardigan. I think this might be my birthday gift to myself, since I cannot stop thinking about it...
- A really cool workout gear company I just discovered, oh and this top.
- The 50 Shades of Grey trailer. Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.
- How to manage stressful situations. I stress over everything. It's something I need to work on in the new year.
- Leaving your job and going out on your own: pretty much the scariest thing in the world, but this post is incredible and inspiring. I got chills (really).
- The Aritzia sale is good... really good. And it got even better today with more markdowns!
Black doesn't only just look good on you, it even looks good on your wall. Black walls are SO in right now, ever since Nate Berkus said so of course. I usually tend to air on the side of bright and white, but I'm loving this trend, especially for an accent wall or a bathroom. It looks so rich, especially with some gold accents such as frames, mirrors, vases, lamps or candles. And if you're too afraid to do an entire wall, why not grab a black couch or cabinet to start?